Helping US veterans with questions about Veterans Affairs claims, disability,
benefit organizations, life after returning from service, and ANYTHING else you need assistance with.

Welcome to Hero Answers, a question and answer website for US veterans and all the issues they have. See our list of US veteran organizations and about us.

Where do we ask for urgent help for an unemployed veteran asking for disability claim from VA for PTSD?

0 votes
asked Jan 9, 2016 by Frank S (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Are you asking for urgent help from the VA or anywhere that may be able to help? The VA is still trying to get caught up and work through their backlog.

If the claim has been filed and the veteran has received notice that their claim has been received there is not much to do now, but to wait for the decision from the VA. Would you happen to know where the claim is in the claims process? Signing up for an ebenefits account would be helpful for the veteran too.  

That can be done here:

More information about the steps it goes through can be found here:

Has the veteran filed for unemployment benefits? Did that claim go through, and they are collecting those benefits for now?  

There is a crisis hotline, 1-800-273-8255

There is help for finding employment opportunities. More information can be found here:
answered Jan 11, 2016 by Jennifer DeGarmo 1 Contributor (3,440 points)

A service project by William Entriken